Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Place to Eat


Jake and I are big fans of eating. We love it.  So we wanted to put some lovin' into our dining room, the main location for all our eating (ignoring, of course, all the meals we eat in front of the TV...shameful, I know). A quick reminder of the "before":


The very beige and red "Before". 


A brighter, cleaner "after". 

We power sanded all the walls and painted a light "porpoise" grey, with crisp white trim.  Added some accessories and framed some of the beer coasters Jake has collected over the years on the back wall.  The pink coaster in the middle is the one we made as "save the dates" for our wedding guests.



This chair I bought at St. Vincent's for $5! They were having a sale and while I didn't have an acute need for a new chair, I couldn't pass up the deal.  And you can always use more seating in a dining room, right?  All I had to do was recover the cushion. I stuck with the greys and whites.  I love this fabric; I got some extra yardage so hopefully I can use it again somewhere.  



I also snagged these "silver" trays at St. Vincents for about a dollar a piece.  And the silver bird is from TJ Maxx for about $6.  I think it creates a nice little arrangement above the hutch holding all our bar supplies. 




I guess I'm missing a few pictures.  Mainly of the wall between the dining room and the kitchen, which *SURPRISE* isn't there anymore!  This past spring we completely renovated the kitchen; I guess I'll save that for another post though. For now, just a couple more photos of the dining room. 


Anniversary flowers from my wonderful husband. 


No comments:

Post a Comment