Thursday, December 6, 2012

What a Difference a Rug Makes

I recently received an early (and remarkably generous) Christmas present from my mother-in-law.  It was big. It was floppy. It was...A NEW LIVING ROOM RUG!  I was (and still am) ecstatic.  I've been wanting to move from browns/tans to whites/greys in the front room for a while, but had to work around a nice, but very tan rug.  It was getting a little annoying.  Here's a picture to remind you of the "before".


And now the exciting "after": 


I'm really in love with the clean modern lines and the quatrafoil shape pattern. I've loved this moroccan style for a long time.  I even considered it for the backsplash tile shape in the kitchen renovation; we ended up going with a grey marble subway tile instead.  So I was delighted to have the chance to include the shape elsewhere in our home.   Now if only we could replace that weird colored sofa with something creamy and bright...


1 comment: