Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Coming Home

One of the best parts of my day is coming home.



Our house is far from perfect (somedays, its even far from presentable), but it always reminds me of how gracefully God has provided for me.  We have a great front porch, a newly renovated kitchen, a cozy fireplace and a great back deck and garden.  But more importantly, we have lots of memories.  Here are just a few:

-Our first meal in the house: Chinese food & beer on the floor in the empty sunroom.
-Inviting all our wedding guests over as part of wedding-day St. Louis scavenger hunt. (We were finding notes hidden around our house for months.  The hardest ones to find were behind the wall clock and in a gallon of icecream in our freezer.)
-Sleeping on the floor by the fireplace the night our furnace broke.
-Pulling chairs from all over the house and packing them into the living room every Tuesday to host community group.  Many of those members are now dear friends.
-Meeting 30 of our neighbors in a back yard BBQ this past spring. It was long overdue and so rewarding.


I love my home and I'm eager to share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment